Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Kiko

I've decided that I will try the 365 project where a photographer shares only ONE photo a day for a whole year. It doesn't matter if the photographer took one, ten or one hundred photos in a day. The photographer can only share one photo a day. 365 days = 365 photos. The project will be for my hobby type photos and they'll be shared on the same blog as the photos that I take from workshops, weddings, and other client photo sessions. I don't think I can stop myself from sharing links to the rest of the photos that were taken during a workshop, wedding, or portraits session. I also don't think if I can handle managing two blogs: one for the project and one for photography workshops, weddings and other client photo sessions. The main purpose of me doing the 365 project is because it's possible for me to go for many days, weeks, or months without doing a photo session or wedding for someone, so forcing myself to bring my camera out and take pictures everyday, will force me to practice. Without constant practice, I can't get better and improve. Between the beginning of December 2009 and the middle of this month, I went through a dry spell and was also stuck in a rut. That's sad.

I'm making today as the first day to start the 365 project...just because. While most people who do this project starts on January 1st or on another day that has a significant meaning, I'm not going to wait until a day that has any meaning to me, to start. So, without further ado...

Day 1: Meet Kiko

Kiko is my dog. She was rescued and adopted two and a half years ago, and she is about three and a half years old. Her exact breed is unknown because she is mixed with several different breeds. I have asked around and no one knows, but matter does that make? She loves the family that she is with and she's happy! She is very smart and well-behaved most of the time.

1 comment: