Sunday, April 4, 2010

Doggy Social

I took Kiko to a "Doggie Social at a Park" in Arcadia, CA for the "Asian Animal Lovers" meetup group this afternoon. After all, I am Asian and I have a dog, a hamster and a turtle. This group was for Asian people who owned pets, loved animals and/or wanted to adopt.

Kiko is almost four years old. She is a rescued dog and she was adopted by my family over two years ago.

I'm always open to meeting new people and making new friends with people who have a common interest as I do. More importantly, I would like for Kiko to be more sociable around new people, other pets/animals, and make new friends. One of the meetup members attempted to throw the ball around for Kiko as she loves to fetch balls and toys, and chase after things. Kiko normally acts very shy around strangers, especially at dog parks or on the leash, but she seemed to do ok with a new person throwing the ball around for her! I attempted to take action photos of Kiko running for it and returning the ball. The fact that she was fine with someone else throwing the ball, this gave me an opportunity to take some action photos! While I do enjoy taking action photos, I'm not very good at it and I still need to get a lot of practice in.

Day 48 of 365 Project:

P.S. There were about six or seven people and five dogs. While we were hanging out together at the park, there were a minor earthquake that rolled through San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles County, including cities like Las Vegas, Nevada and Pheonix, Arizona! The epicenter was 20 miles southeast of Mexicali, Mexico which was right next to the Mexico/US border (southeast of San Diego, CA), and it was a 7.2 on the richter scale! While a lot of my friends, including Dave, felt it, my doggy group and I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment