Thursday, May 13, 2010

PGNI - Photo Girls Night In

Photo Girls Night In (or PGNI) is a small group of photography female friends who get together once a month at someone's home for social and fun. This group lives in the L.A., O.C., San Bernandino and Riverside counties....basically we are all local. I'm a member of this private group. Basically what we do is meet at someone's home for a small party/get-together every month just to have fun, party and have drinks/food. The party was tonight and I did not host it, but it was in Tustin, CA. It's not that often that I get to hang out with a bunch of girls, so tonight was the first time that I did that and had a ton of fun.

I also had plans to bring a homemade dish with me to the party. It was called "Oreo Shazam Bars". I'm usually a good cook/baker and this dish sounded good. I've come to realize that I'm not good at making desserts or making recipes with sugary ingredients. I made some peanut butter cookies before, but they came out as a disaster. I made meatloaf, taco salad, beer biscuits, and baked tofu with soy sauce marinade before, and these items came out very well. I didn't show up with the Oreo Shazam Bars like I had planned, but I also didn't show up empty-handed. Other than getting frustrated with my food disaster, I still had fun at the party.

Day 86 Of 365 Project:

Because of the condensed milk and all the sugar-loaded ingredients (four out of six ingredients had some form of sugar), the dish was very sticky and hard to make into bars....bars like Snicker Bars. Also, the oreo made the dish look more burnt than it really was. I suppose this is a good lesson on what NOT to cook/bake/make?

No comments:

Post a Comment