Friday, August 20, 2010

Red Cross


My friend on facebook announced awhile ago that Red Cross would be at the Fairplex Sheraton Hotel (which is right next to the fairgrounds for the Los Angeles County Fair) to accept blood donations from people on August 20 (today). She saw this news on the L.A. County Fair fan page on facebook.

Red Cross organized this event last year, but I didn't donate because I didn't know that this happened. However, I am glad that I didn't know about it and didn't donate. The donors who attended last year complained that there were lots of chaos and disorganization, and donors had to wait two hours before they could finally donate blood. It must have been the first time that Red Cross organized this event at this hotel if there were chaos and disorganization. This year was much better and donors were accepted into the event by appointment only. There will be another day for blood donations for those who weren't able to make it today.


All donors received one ticket admission to the L.A. County Fair, a coupon for free ice cream to Cold Stone Creamery and a pair of tickets to the Laugh Factory.

This was what my arm looked like after I donated blood. It looked like cast, but it was just wrapping to keep the cotton thing in place. I had to keep this on for four to five hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment