Sunday, September 27, 2009

10th Annual Moon Festival

There was a Moon Festival in the town that I live in. This festival was about the Chinese culture and arts, and it was a very small event. It was very small, I don't think that event organizer promoted this very well or too much. This was their 10th annual event...I have lived in the same town for 20 years and this was the first year I have known about this event. I also didn't know about this event until four days ago!

There were some vendors there, however, I can't tell you what most of them were promoting or selling. While I am Chinese, I can't read Chinese and I don't any Manderin (which was the main language/dialect spoken there). There weren't any arts & crafts or games, and there were only one vendor that was selling food. The food vendor, however, was selling Korean BBQ! How strange because the event was promoting Chinese culture.



Miss China Town was also there with one of her Princesses.


Miss China Town is the one "facing" the camera

There was plenty of live entertainment and I basically stuck to the staging area. You can see photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anastasia_photography/sets/72157622343474251/

No comments:

Post a Comment