Monday, July 26, 2010

Pay It Forward


Last month, I went to a photography business meeting. The meeting was on "Business Essentials" and the photography speaker was Marc Weisberg. Wihle most of the meeting was about how he ran his photography business appropriately and legally so that other photographers could get a general idea to start their own, he also mentioned that he did volunteer photography and he recently worked with The Boys & Girls Club in Santa Monica. I was inspired by this and joined a few volunteer groups on meetup.

"You get back more than you give." ~Marc Weisberg

So as you've noticed, I recently started doing volunteer work. I have done some fundraisers before (and I'd like to more in the future), but since this month, I have been more interested in finding ways to help others. So far, I most enjoy helping out people in need and I find pleasure in seeing the joy on people's faces. To me, it's a lot of fun doing any kind of volunteer or assistance for people.... be it through fundraisers, food banks, mentoring, or assisting an elderly/handicapped person. With the economy the way it is now, people need more help than ever. Eventually, I will do volunteer photography for an organization, but for now, I do enjoy other hands on volunteer work. People should do volunteer work sometimes because it is very rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment