Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Claremont Dog Park - May 2010

I've taken Kiko to the dog park in Claremont, CA several times in the past before. Today was the first time that I took her there with another person who was Dave. The Claremont dog park was quite nice, well-maintained, and clean. It was nice to bring someone along, so I could take pictures of Kiko playing and chasing the ball around. We went in hopes that Kiko would get socialized with other dogs and perhaps play fetch/catch the ball with me. While she was good at greeting other dogs, she didn't know how to play with them. Also, unfortunately, she didn't want to play ball with me either. I think being around too many dogs made her feel uncomfortable to play with me.

I took her to a dog park in Arcadia last month and she did quite well there. She was less uncomfortable. Perhaps it was because there were only two or three other dogs around. She also seemed more playful at home or at regular parks. I'm a bit frustrated because I would like for her to be more socialized, but maybe being around other dogs in smaller numbers (three or less) is more ideal.


Day 84 Of
365 Project:

No comments:

Post a Comment